function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KralKral 

Account duplicate application

Hello,

An Apex application to check for duplicates accounts by the account name and phone numbe for greater than 1000 accounts? Does Apex support self joins ? and How wold I be able to save account data from more than 1000 records?

Thanks,

Kral

NinoJoseNinoJose

You can try creating a trigger that check for values your are currently adding on the object you want to check and if found don't allow insert.

However for complex deduplication logic,  you can search on AppExchange some applications that are already existing.

TrueCloudTrueCloud

First standard apex will not work as you will run into atleast few governor limits if you tried writting a trigger. I would recommend Demand Tools for this type of application.

mtbclimbermtbclimber

Interesting that CRMFusion (creator of Demand Tools) built a 100% native solution (with apex) for this purpose:

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cMzEAI

And in fact if you're duplication logic is simple enough (express-able with a formula) you can do this with an external Id field and a workflow field update.

The only way the limits should hit you here is if you have thousands of dupes already.  If you are starting clean you shouldn't run into any limits. If you aren't then I still doubt that you would hit limits with a well-coded solution.

That said, you should absolutely evaluate AppExchange offerings as they may very well be more cost-effective over the long run regardless.

TrueCloudTrueCloud

But i think demand tool extracts the data out of salesforce and bring it in their native desktop client and upserts the data. I may be wrong. Oh well back to drawing board.