function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PaulMacPaulMac 

Sending Email Template with Schedule Apex

I'm trying to send an automatic email with Schedule Apex Code. Still learning Apex. The class seems to complile fine:

Global class SendOpenCasesEmail_CompanyX implements Schedulable{

global void execute (SchedulableContext SC){

{   
 Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
  mail.setTargetObjectId('0035000000d0APT'); //email recipient id
  mail.setTemplateId('00X500000013ngY'); //email template id
  String[] bccaddress = new String[]{'paulmac106@gmail.com'};
  mail.setBccAddresses(bccaddress);
  mail.setWhatID('0015000000KJImA'); //account id (show cases for this account)
 Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });
}
}
}

But when the sceduler tries to run the job I get this email:

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00550000001Esxxx/00D500000007xxx

Scheduled job 'SendVal' threw unhandled exception.

caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, java.lang.NullPointerException: Argument Error: Parameter value is null: []

Class.SendOpenCasesEmail_CompanyX.execute: line 12, column 2 External entry point

Any help with what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
PaulMacPaulMac

I solved this issue by removing the apex:image tag in my email template. Not the best solution, as I wanted to use a company logo in the email. However, I am now able to schedule the email.

All Answers

PaulMacPaulMac

If there is any more information I can provide, please let me know. I'm sure there must a simple solution to this.

thanks!

Danny DelgadoDanny Delgado

Hi Paul, have you verified that the related record to "0035000000d0APT" has an email address asociated?

PaulMacPaulMac

Hi Danny,

As a test I was using my contactid, which I know does have a valid email address. Any other thoughts? I'm sure it's something small I'm missing.

thanks!

PaulMacPaulMac

I solved this issue by removing the apex:image tag in my email template. Not the best solution, as I wanted to use a company logo in the email. However, I am now able to schedule the email.

This was selected as the best answer
SBNSBN

Hi,

I have the same requirement that you have. I used the code that you have posted here. I have commneted out the   "mail.setTargetObjectId" and "mail.setWhatID('0015000000KJImA')" lines and scheduled the class. I am not recieveing any emails.

Do you have any idea? Didi it work for you.

Thanks

SN