function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JuanBessJuanBess 

Access Custom Object Permissions

Hi All,

I'm trying to validate that an user have the correct object permissions to correctly use my application.

I was searching everywhere and I couldn't find a possible solution... I'm looking for the information store in the section "Custom Object Permissions" at a Profile Detail.

I think my main issue is that I want to validate other users but logged in with the System Admin. I thought about try/catch the dml and determinate the permissions, but this only works with the context user, and runAs only works inside Test Methods, so, that won't work for me.

I wonder if someone try to do this or figured out some work around to determinate the object permissions.

Thanks in advance,

J.

ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

That data is available in the sObject describe data, albeit with different names.

Take a look at the documentation here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_methods_system_sobject_describe.htm?SearchType=Stem\

The short version is you can do something like this:

sObject yourCustomObj = [something];

boolean reable = yourCustomObj.getObjectType().getDescribe().isQueryable();

JuanBessJuanBess

Thanks for the reply.

I already know that, but doesn't work in my case because this only help me with the currently logged user, and i want to find out the permissions of several users with my system admin.

Regards,

J.

ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

You can always do those checks from inside a System.RunAs block. You're limited on the number you can run per apex invocation, but the limit should be high enough to test for most profiles in your org.