function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eric_deveric_dev 

Problem with nested query on Master/Details relationship

Hi, I have two objects with Master / Detail relationship

Master: API Name: SD_User__c

Object Name:SD_User SD License

Detail: API Name: SD_License_in_Opportunity__c

Object Name: SD_License_in_Opportunity

Plural Label: SD Licenses in Opportunity

Singular Label: SD License in Opportunity

Custom field that connect to Master:

API Name: SD_User__c

Field Name: SD_User

Field Label: SD License

I have a nested query that works fine in Sandbox but i can’t run it properly in production because of incorrect

From nested section (from detail object)

There is a Sandbox query:

for (SD_User__c sdUserList : [SELECT Id,
(select IsGlobalOpportunity__c, Opportunity__c From R00NT00000014FUrMAM ), Contact_Name__c 
FROM SD_User__c WHERE Contact_Name__c in :conID and IsDeleted=false])
{
    SD_License_in_Opportunity__c[] sdOpp = sdUserList.R00NT00000014FUrMAM;
    for(Integer j=0;j<sdOpp.size();j++)
    {   }

R 00NT00000014FUrMAM is  ID of SD_License_in_Opportunity__c. SD_User__c

My problem is reproduce it in Production environment

I tried to take that production field Id  00N200000026lpO and to complete it to 18 chars (R00N200000026lpOEAB according to SF instructions, i hope i did correctly) –  from 00N200000026lpOEAB

I tried also to write From Plural Label (to delete all spaces and to add __r) -  from SDLicensesinOpportunity__r

SF doesn’t recognized it. I get an error:

Compile Error: line 1, column 30: Didn't understand relationship 'SDLicensesinOpportunity__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS

I would not use salesforce object ids in your query. HAve you tried using the below query:

[SELECT Id,(select IsGlobalOpportunity__c, Opportunity__c From SD_License_in_Opportunities), Contact_Name__c FROM SD_User__c WHERE Contact_Name__c in :conID and IsDeleted=false]

You can get the exact relationship name via the schema explorer in the IDE. If you expand the object and then expand the "Child Relationships" and expand the SD_License_in_Opportunity you should see the "Relationship name".

This make your query environment independent.

All Answers

Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS

I would not use salesforce object ids in your query. HAve you tried using the below query:

[SELECT Id,(select IsGlobalOpportunity__c, Opportunity__c From SD_License_in_Opportunities), Contact_Name__c FROM SD_User__c WHERE Contact_Name__c in :conID and IsDeleted=false]

You can get the exact relationship name via the schema explorer in the IDE. If you expand the object and then expand the "Child Relationships" and expand the SD_License_in_Opportunity you should see the "Relationship name".

This make your query environment independent.

This was selected as the best answer
eric_deveric_dev

Hi

SD_Licenses_in_Opportunity

SD_Licenses_in_Opportunity__r

Thank you very much !!!

Eric