function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
courtneybcourtneyb 

MS Access to Custom Object using Visualforce - Help!

Hello,

My nonprofit organization is currently using a Microsoft Access database to store our data and is in the process of customizing Sforce to migrate the data over.  In addition, we would like to replicate certain aspects of how the data is displayed in MS Access in Salesforce with custom objects.  I have already created the objects along with a few fields.  

I believe Visualforce would be the ideal tool to solve this challenge but I am not an expert.  I'm not able to paste an example of how the page structure is displayed in Access, however, I can email a copy to you to get an expert eye on how this can be done.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Courtney

Jeremy.NottinghJeremy.Nottingh

I understand that you are not able to post confidential information, but if you can give us an idea of what you need, we may be able to help! I work with a nonprofit, and would be glad to give you some pointers, if I know where you are trying to go.

Jeremy

courtneybcourtneyb

Sorry for the delayed response.  I was out of the office without access to the current database.  The easiest way to describe is it is to provide a screenshot but I'm unable to paste one here (I can email though).  

We've built a screen in Access that gives us the ability to track student grades (from 9th to 12th) and allows us to write in the name of each course (as it varies by student/school) and the grade received.  The program then calculates the GPA.  It also has a place to capture four rounds of SAT scores.  It's basically a lot of fields that I'm hoping to put into a more readable tab format using Visualforce (if possible!?).

Thanks so much for any help!