function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paul-lmipaul-lmi 

how do you access knowledge articles attached to cases via Apex

We're building a custom integration with SF Knowledge where we need to use some, but not all of the Case functionality.  We like the Attach to Case stuff, but we don't like the Email as PDF stuff, so my plan was to upsert a solution for each Knowledge Article, and then insert an entry into the CaseSolution object for each one, so we could use the existing solutions merge field for the email templates (and also not have to update a couple dozen email templates while we're at it).

I don't see any accessible metadata in regards to querying, or even better, triggering on article attachment to Case.  Is there a way to get this info as of the Summer '10 release, or are we stuck in having to essentially build out an end to end custom solution for this type of integration?  I don't like going custom when it comes to page layouts, because Visualforce on a standard page layout is an ugly iframe implementation, which limits the functionality I can put in due to vertical space constraints (and my not wanting to waste vertical space).

Any insight would be appreciated.

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Paul,

The  Case-Article link is not yet available through the API.

It will be available with the Winter'11 release.

Thanks

Etienne

DHO_604DHO_604

Is this true?

paul-lmipaul-lmi

Yes.  This CaseArticle object is still not exposed as of Winter '12.

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Paul, 

I just double checked, CaseArticle is now available - since a couple of releases I think (v20?).

check in www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/apex_api.pdf and www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/object.../object_reference.pdf

Thanks

Etienne 

paul-lmipaul-lmi

Yeah, sorry, I'm still waiting on write access to the object.

francoisLfrancoisL

Update will never be available since 2 operations are available, either I link an article to a case or I unlink an article. But I do not see the case to update the link.

RGK.ax912RGK.ax912

Hi

Did you ever get the visualforce template to work to show articles related to a case, if so could you share the code as we have a similar issue because the Articles as PDF attachment only shows the English article not the translated ones whatever language article is attached to a case.

Thanks

Roy

SalesforceDF2011SalesforceDF2011

Hi Roy,

Could you please share your code.

Thanks!

DHO_604DHO_604

Not there yet. Will be looking at it again