function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SK81SK81 

Clone a Case : Record Type automatically getting changed

I have an issue in cloning records,where record type is getting changed . While I am using Sys admin profile to clone a record (Case)then the record is cloned with that particular Record Type (e.g. Record Type is 'A' of parent record and record Type of cloned record type is also 'A' irrespective of the default Record Type of Sys Admin profile.)

But when I log in with a custom profile, and do the same cloning , then the Record Type of cloned case becomes the default Record type for the custom profile .i.e. if default Record type for the custom profile is 'B' , and we do the same action as we did above , then the Record type of the cloned case will be 'B' and not 'A' (which happened earlier.)

Kindly advice ....

Thanks in advance

hisrinuhisrinu

If your custom profile have the access to Recordtype B then it will assign it to RecordType B, if custom profile does not have access to B RT then it will change the recordtype to default recordtype

SK81SK81

As per my understanding , the custom profile has access to Record Type B , coz using this profile , it lets users to create a Case with record type B , but this problem occurs in Cloning (Record Type gets changes to default.)

Kindly advice .

gf1981gf1981
Did you ever resolve this? Same issue here (also, custom proile has access to other recordtypes).

Thanks.
MDGFMDGF
We encountered the same issue and in our case was that the profile of the user cloning the record needs Edit permission on the object. Even though you are cloning and you would assume only Create permission is needed, Edit permission is also needed. Now it works for us with enabling this permission. We got this answer from Salesforce Support.