function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KaleberonKaleberon 

Apex Code in Left Column Component in Customer Portal

I am trying to show the Company Name and the Username (in this case the LastName) in a left column component in the Customer Portal.  I created an Apex page that successfully returns this information.  I then put it in an iframe in the left hand column component.  When I log into the portal as a user it returns the information, but does not display it inside the left hand column component.  It launches and whole new version of the Customer Portal Home Page and displays that in  the little left hand column component.  If you scroll over you will find the information, but it is not inside the left hand column component (that is inside the main one) but off to the side in the right hand component area.

How can I get this information to display inside the component and be the only thing that is there?

APEX Page Code -

<apex:page >
  <b>WELCOME</b>
  <br>{!$User.CompanyName}! </br>
  <br></br>
  <br><i>Customer Number </i></br>
  <br>{!$User.LastName} </br>
  <br></br>
  <br><a href="/secur/logout.jsp">Logout</a></br>
</apex:page>

<apex:page >  

<b>WELCOME</b>  

<br>{!$User.CompanyName}! </br>  

<p><i>Customer Number </i> - {!$User.LastName} </p>  

<p><a href="/secur/logout.jsp">Logout</a></p>

</apex:page>

iframe code used in Left Column Component. - 

<iframe src="/apex/CPUserID" target="_blank" width="100" frameborder="0" height="150"> </iframe>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Have you opt Narrow (Left) Column component and included in the layout of customer portal profile? You can include Page attribute showHeader="false" sidebar="false" in visual force <apex:page> component. Also make sure that you have included the 'CPUserID' visual force for the particular profile.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Have you opt Narrow (Left) Column component and included in the layout of customer portal profile? You can include Page attribute showHeader="false" sidebar="false" in visual force <apex:page> component. Also make sure that you have included the 'CPUserID' visual force for the particular profile.

Hope this helps.

This was selected as the best answer
KaleberonKaleberon

Yes I selected the Narrow (Left) Column component and it is assigned to the profile that I am using to test this development.

I added the Page attributes you suggested but they made no difference in the way that the result is displayed.

KaleberonKaleberon

I put the  sidebar="false" showHeader="false in incorrectly.  Once I correct these it displayed like I desired.  Had to do little more tweaking to get it just like I wanted, but Thanks for your assistance it getting it to display correctly at all.