function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DoctorCodeDoctorCode 

Update the opportunity stage and bring some othe data in the opportunity

hello all

im looking for the best way to bring information to the opportunity from several custom object i have so we can update the stage in the opportunity

i think the way to do is create lookups to this custom objects, somehow update this lookup fields with a trigger and just create formula field to bring my data over

is this the best way to do it, I’m new to the trigger developing think and i don’t know exactly my options

Thanks in advance for the help

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Since you say these are related fields then some relationship either lookup or master detail have to be built.

As you are already writing a trigger I thing that should be sufficient . You can write a trigger on the creation of opportunity and /or on the related objects depending upon the functionality you wish to achive and that should very much meet your requirement.

Hope this helps.

DoctorCodeDoctorCode

in the other hand, all the custom object i have are link to accts, if i create a trigger that looks for the opportunitys likn to that accotun and just update the fields with the proper info will that work?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

what event would you like to fire your trigger, I mean what is the business flow?

DoctorCodeDoctorCode

we are trying to keep track of process

lead

convertion

account - oportunity

casa (from account)

Work Order

so after you save the case the trigger will change the opportunity to 30 fro example and then when you create the work order and save it base in the work order status on trigger will update to 50 and when you change the status un the work order to complete another trigger for opportunity to 80 and when is close opportunity to 100

since this object are link to the account and the opportunity as well

i was looking to update the opportunity link to that account