function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Walter@AdicioWalter@Adicio 

Can you delete records and skip the recycle bin?

For example if I want to delete records and not have them bump other records out of the recycle bin. I know we will never need to recover the records I am deleting, and I dont want them to remove record that are in the recycle bin which may need to be recovered.

gotherthanthougotherthanthou

I know the data loader has a "Hard Delete" option and the records are not recoverable via the Recycle Bin, but I don't know if it shuffles them through the bin first.  You may need to experiment.

If things get slow I might look into this as well - this will be good info to have.

gotherthanthougotherthanthou

Some additional information: I thought I was going to have a chance to test this today while doing an unrelated task.

But - the org in question only has 1 Salesforce license - the sysadmin.  You have to have Bulk API Hard Delete option checked under Administrative options to do them, and the sysadmin does not have it by default and the options are not editable for that profile.  I could clone it and set it, but had no license for a user for it.  I had Salesform platform licenses, so I tried making a profile that used one of those, but that license appears to not offer the Hard Delete permission.  Am I missing something or this the case?