function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
XhitmanXhitman 

Email Service: Message is too large; 10485760 bytes max (state 18)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
To: ******@*************.com
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    **********@*************************.*********.salesforce.com
Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Message

is too large; 10485760 bytes max (state 18).

I am getting the following error when using the email service via Salesforce.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>

Date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

To: ******@*************.com

**********@*************************.*********.salesforce.com
Technical details of permanent failure:Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Message is too large; 10485760 bytes max (state 18).

I already turned on the "Truncate Oversize Email (Text and HTML)" and this error is supposed to go to the email set in "Route Error Emails to This Email Address" right? I didn't get this email and it simply bounced the email back to the sender.

Any ideas? The email is not big though.. Not sure whats the problem.

Garth ThompsonGarth Thompson

We are having the same problem - down to the very same error message and message too large size.   Problem started today around 10am and we have not figured out how to fix it.

XhitmanXhitman

I got this from the Salesforce support:
552 The action was aborted due to exceeded storage allocation. Possibly the disk holding the operating system is full. Or could be a syntax error if you are executing SMTP from a telnet shell. I will research this further and see what solution I can locate. 

I got this from the Salesforce support:

552 The action was aborted due to exceeded storage allocation. Possibly the disk holding the operating system is full. Or could be a syntax error if you are executing SMTP from a telnet shell. I will research this further and see what solution I can locate. 

It seems like a Salesforce issue. I'll update you if ever anything else comes up.

kingapkingap
Did anyone ever get an update on this?  I have a user getting the same error message when trying to use "my email to salesforce".

We made sure the "always save email attachments"  button was not checked in her settings.

Error message:

emailtosalesforce@*************************.*********.salesforce.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain ******************.4.le.salesforce.com by mx3-asg.mta.salesforce.com. [204.14.232.99].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 Message is too large; 10485760 bytes max