function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paul-lmipaul-lmi 

Can we please get the documentation on the new schema objects?

We keep getting told that the new eclipse documentation and anything related to it will come after all orgs are updated to Winter '11.  How exactly can we develop against any of the new data types that are already live in our prod, dev, and sandbox orgs without any doc on what exactly is available in those new schema objects?  The release notes are great, but they fall short in actual deliverability of anything other than a description of what's coming.  It's here, but what now, wait a week or two?

paul-lmipaul-lmi

OK, so if anyone's curious, the schema is described in the Web Services API documentation.

So my next question is related to the new Viewstat and Votestat objects.  How do I WRITE data in Apex to power these metrics?  We aren't using any of the out-of-the-box Salesforce Knowledge pages, so I need to drive analytics in Apex.  I'm assuming Votestat is driven by inserting records into the Votes object, but that wouldn't cover PKB (public knowledge base), because from what I understand, you can only vote on one item once per user account, and sites runs as a user account.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

I meant "Vote" object, and even that doesn't appear accurate, because there's no existing data field for which interface the vote came from (app,pkb,csp, etc).  Checked the WS API documentation, and API v20 doesn't appear to have changed that, so I'm assuming that viewstat and votestat are completely closed off from anything but read access in Apex (sad face).

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Paul,

You are correct in your analysis of the situation, but there is limitation that you are facing.

The limitation is that one cannot vote if un-authenticated, i.e. voting is not supported from a pkb.

The bottom line is that when you are inserting a vote, the channel (app, csp or prm) is implicit, based on the user.

Etienne

paul-lmipaul-lmi

I see.  Is the ability to write entries for anonymous users planned (views and votes)?  I also take it that there's no implied user for pkb...

We're trying to think web scale, and for our business, that means unauthenticated but still valued.

Paul,

yes this is planned. And in fact the pre-requisite is to enable multiple vote on the same object per user - PKB access is associated with a guest profile and user behind the scene.

Etienne

paul-lmipaul-lmi

is this also planned for being able to write views too, or just votes?

Just votes.

Views are incremented implicitely when you fetch the article.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

Sorry for so many questions, but I want to make sure we're covered long term.

Is "fetch" 

1. Returning the doc in a query, or

2. Specifically viewing the doc in a Knowledge standard UI page

Paul,

I apologize for the dealy for coming back to you.

In my previous answer, I have been partially wrong.

First, in non (web service) API context, the view event is counted when the article is displayed (through the instanciation of the article standard controller).

For web services based app, the view event is never taken into account.

I have asked my team to evaluate what could be done for this.

Regards

Etienne

paul-lmipaul-lmi

ahhh, that actually is good news.  so I can control docviews simply by converting my renderer into a controller extension, and splitting the renderer into one class per doc type.  that actually may work well (as long as the sites guest user is still counted in this logic).

SerchSerch

Is there any update in these functionalities? Adding/creating views and vote objects through API