function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill 

Event Batch Process - FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION - IsPrivate set to True

I have a nightly batch process which is going to do some updates to the Event objects. The job is scheduled to run from a System Administrator User who has MODFIY ALL for the profile.

I see this error popup once in a while when someone has marked an event as private.

First error: Update failed. First exception on row 31 with id XXXXXXXXXXXX ; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Private events/meetings for other users are not allowed: Private: [IsPrivate]

Does anyone know how to get around this issue other than ignoring those records with isPrivate == true.

NaishadhNaishadh

does system administartor user has highest profile access?

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Yes, the System Administrator has "MODIFY ALL" data permissions on all objects available under the Profile tab.

However, its interesting that Activities (Task and Events) do not show up under the Standard Object Permissions at all. But not suprising since those objects tend to ignore the standard Salesforce rules for objects due to them being polymorphic in their lookups.

Anyway, we have decided that events marked as Private will be excluded from the query results, so that will avoid the exception.

However, I am still curious if anyone has a resolution to this?

I have not tried changing the OWD, but I can't do that anyway so its not an option as a solution.