function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
etessetess 

VersionData field on QuoteDocument?

I have a Change Set that I'm trying to deploy from my Sandbox. My classes all work properly and my Test methods are getting appropriate coverage in the Sandbox. However, when I try to validate the Inbound Change Set on my production site I get an error that isn't appearing in my Sandbox:

quoteExtentionTest2.QuotePdfTest() Line 98

Failure Message: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, This field is required: [VersionData]", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.quoteExtension.quoteSave: line 98, column 9 Class.quoteExtentionTest2.QuotePdfTest: line 64, column 9 External entry point"

The line of code generating the error is inserting a QuoteDocument object; I used http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_quotedocument.htm as my reference for what fields are required. VersionData seems to be a field for a ContentVersion object - which is an object I am not dealing with currently. How do I deal with that error?

jhelblingjhelbling

Hi etess,

Did you ever have a response on this issue ?

I'm encountering the same error when running one of my test class :

13:06:46.523 (5523933000)|FATAL_ERROR|System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, This field is required: [VersionData]

Thank you very much !

chubsubchubsub

I'm getting the same error message when trying to insert a QuoteDocument after a Quote is updated.  Any suggestions?