function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
o2bo2b 

Workflow is not getting executed from API

I have a custom object which has a checkbox and the checkbox is set true a Workflow fires and Email Alert is sent. It works fine when we update the checkbox directly on the screen.

Now I created a button like 'Send Email' and added javascript to update the object, set that checkbox true. When I press that button, the check box is setting true, but workflow never fires.

I checked Debug log for both the cases, in first case workflow is firing fine but in second case workflow never fires.

Any idea on this problem?

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It seems that you have selected wrong evaluation criteria. In my opinion you should select “When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria” option.

Hope this helps.

o2bo2b

We did research further on this issue, actually Workflow is firing but debug log is not capturing the details.

ChadMeyerChadMeyer

I am running into the same issue.  Debug Logs are not showing any information on Workflow activities triggered by records added via the API.  I'm pretty sure this used to work.  I also tried changing the eval criteria to When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria but that had no impact.

Any ideas?