function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RavishankarRavishankar 

File Upload

How can add upload file option in our object

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

When you create your custom object, there is a checkbox(Add Notes and Attachments related list to default page layout),

select this checkbox and you’ll get related list for uploading any type of documents on the object’s detail page.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

RavishankarRavishankar

Thanks a lot for your response. I am sorry that I did not specify my requirements clearly in my first message. Here is the case:

I have to give user the option that he can upload a file MULTIPLE times. Each time user uploads the file, I need to maintain version of that file. So if user has uploaded file with same name for 10 times then I want to make them as 10 versions and user can then see all those 10 versions and can select any of the version to view/edit.

So basically I need to implement versioning system on the files being uploaded.

Using the solution you have provided I can upload the file but when I try to upload the file 2nd time it treats it as a NEW file, not as the next version of the first file.

Please let me know if the requirement is not clear.

RavishankarRavishankar

Hello Sir,

In Notes & Attachments related list,it is required to create a customised colum of "Version" which holds a  float type value and is auto incremented.It shoul hold say 1.0 with every unique documentr uploaded.

For uploading documents with the same name existing in the list  it will increment this version say 1.1

For eg:-

Document Name                          Version

CompleteReference.txt                   1.0

BlackBook.txt                                    1.0

CompleteReference.txt                    1.1

Please suggest any possible solution or code for the above problem stated.

Thanks,

Ravishankar Ahirwar

gv007gv007

Ravi,

I am not sure about any document version is possible in salesforce ,because this concept is related to a Document Managed system ,lot systems plug-in are avialable to do yours task, or check there is any option in salesforce content app

Thanks

Gopi