function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BaguiarBaguiar 

Button to Save on an Event

Hi there,

Is it possible to create a button in the Event object that woulp appear on the edit screen of the Event. Just like the "Save" button appears. NOT on the default Event screen where the "edit" button is.

What i'm trying to do is to "mock" the "save" button for the event and create an option for the user to "Save" only the record or 'Save and Send email", without having to use a checkbox on the Event record.

Is there a way to do this without having to create a Visualforce page and then add the buttons there ?

Thanks a lot!

B

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma

How you are planning to implement this? Are you looking at the side of custom coding ?

BaguiarBaguiar

If the buttons were available on "edit" or "new event" pages, I could just use Javascript to update a hidden field (a checkbox) and NOT fire the trigger I already have for Events. Just a regular custom button that would "mock" the SAVE button but updating a hidden field as well.

The real issue is that custom buttons will not appear on an Event that is being created/edited, and I'm trying not to use VF pages here.

Thanks!

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma

Where this hidden field will be ?