function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DineshNatarajanDineshNatarajan 

Call a function in flex application from APEX code.?

Hi,

I have a flex swf object as a static resource and have embedded in my VF Page...

I am calling a jsp page and retrieving xml data. Now i want to push this data into my flex swf.. how to do it?

I have a function like below in my flex app.

public function BuildTree(str:String):void{

//code....

}

also i have exposed this as a externalinterface call by adding the below code

ExternalInterface.addCallback("BuildTree", BuildTree);

I can call this from a javascript in my VF page and push the xml into it... But since i am getting the xml only during execution of apex code, what should i do? below is my apex code..

public void GetData(){

Http http = new Http();
        HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
        HttpResponse res;

req.setEndpoint('www.mysite.com/sendxmldata.jsp?userId='+userName);                           
        req.setMethod('GET');
        req.setTimeOut(30000);
        req.setHeader('Cookie',cookieString);
        res = http.send(req);
        outputText = res.getBody(); 

}

I will fire this GetData function on click of a button in my VF Page..

This outputText will be a XML, i now want to push this xml into the my flex code by BuildTree function so that my flex app refreshes.... How should i do it?

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh

Rani_RRani_R

Hi,

I have achieved the above by following method. Please let me know if it is very bad... but it solved my requirement.

I called that function BuildTree in my application's creationComplete event...

In My VF Page code, i put the swf embed object inside a apex:outputPanel control and set it as renderer to my apex controlbutton..... Also i set a flashvar paramter bound to the xmlString from the response.

so when my button is clicked, the output panel is re-rendered, and so the application is built again and the buildtree method is called, this time from flashvar i can retrieve the xml.. :)

Thanks,

Dinesh