function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Felipe FernandesFelipe Fernandes 

Test class

Hello!

I need help to write a test class.

How can I test this trigger? I tried to deploy the trigger but I have to do a test...

trigger productComboUpdate on OpportunityLineItem (after insert) {
    //get the Product Numbers and other fields from the OpportunityLineItem and build a list of OpportunityLineItems to update
    List<OpportunityLineItem> oliList = new List<OpportunityLineItem>();
    for(OpportunityLineItem oli : [Select Id, PricebookEntry.Product2.Number1__c, PricebookEntry.Product2.Number2__c from OpportunityLineItem where Id in : trigger.new]) {
        oli.ProductCombo__c = oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Number1__c + oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Number2__c; //Update the OpportunityLineItem
        oliList.add(oli);
    }
    update oliList; //Update the OpportunityLineItems with the ProductCombo__c field
}

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

kyle.tkyle.t

Looking at your trigger, I think you may have over complicated things. rather than updating the Opportunity Line Item after instert you can do it before you insert and not have to update a record  you just inserted.  Also, you don't need the SOQL query since all the information you need is passed in the trigger.new

trigger productComboUpdate on OpportunityLineItem (before insert) {    
    for(OpportunityLineItem oli : trigger.new) {
        //Update the OpportunityLineItem
oli.ProductCombo__c =
oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Number1__c +
oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Number2__c; } }

With that being said, here is the basic structure you will need for a test method

@isTest
private class testMyOpportunityLineItemTrigger {

public static testMethod void testOLITrigger(){
		Opportunity opp = new Opportunity();
		opp.name = 'test opp 1';
		insert opp;

OpportunityLineItem oli = new OpportunityLineItem();
		oli.OpportunityId = opp.id;
		//fill in necessary details to insert an opportunity line item
		insert oli;

//make sure the value you get for ProductCombo__c is what you expect System.assertequals(<the number you expect to get>,oli.ProductCombo__c); } }

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Write a test class that runs for the unit test before the deployment.

Below is a code for sample test class :

@isTest

private class TestOpportunityLineItem

{

static testMethod void OppoLineItemMethod()

{

List<OpportunityLineItem> oliList = new List<OpportunityLineItem>();

// create a OpportunityLineItem with proper required field

// add the add the created record in to the oliList -> oliList.add(rec);

// insert the list -> insert oliList;

// update few records those are in the list -> oli.ProductCombo__c = oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Number1__c + oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Number2__c;

// update the oliList;

}

}

and then run this test class, it will run successfully if there is no error.