function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JimPDXJimPDX 

Capturing Custom Fields on Managed Package Objects

We are doing a massive upgrade of an org with a managed package. The package must be switched out with a new version (since managed packages can't be changed). Unfortunately we have about 200 custom fields on top of a managed package component. I can't seem to find the meta-data in the IDE. I know that there is a section for "Referenced Packages" which shows the schema of the packaged object only, no customizations. Also I can't see the customizations under src -> objects either. I would really like to copy and paste the XML and not recreate these 200 fields from scratch. Any ideas??

Ralph CallawayRalph Callaway

Hi Jimson,

Just stumbled through this one myself.  You can pull down all the custom fields you created by adding the managed custom object to your package.xml manually.  For whatever reason the wizard that generates the package xml filters out objects in the managed package.

Once you've pulled the metadata for the custom object down into eclipse you can save the custom fields you've created and then add them after upgrading to the new version of the managed package.

Cheers,

- Ralph