function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
du-scodouglasdu-scodouglas 

Deployment IDE Issues

I am trying to deploy code from a sandbox to production, but it isn't saving. I have gone through all the deployment settings inbound and outbound from each instance. The only way I could get it to deploy is through packaging it up and then deploying it through the special login URL. This kind of FORCED it in, and it works, but it's very inconvienant and tedius... Why can't I just deploy from the Eclipse IDE?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You usually can. The most usual causes for failed deployments has to do with duplicate or missing fields/objects/tabs/etc, or a test method failure (did you use the "Skip errors" option?). I've always run into trouble with Eclipse's management, and it's almost always related to incomplete metadata. Without a specific failure message, I'm afraid I can't be much more help than that.

du-scodouglasdu-scodouglas

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

I will recreate the stated issue if I get time tommorow at the office, and post back with a more constructive inquiry. Thanks again for the help you did provide. It actually was metadata, but I will try to compile a more complete problem solving path for others with the same issue. (time permitting)