function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike 

Is there a version 21 of the Force.com plugin for Eclipse?

I currently have the Force.com IDE version 20.0.  When I use the "Check for Updates" link, it tells me "No features found on the selected site".

Is there a version 21.0?  If so, how can I upgrade Eclipse to use it?

Thanks!

~~ Mike

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I change the version number in the metadata file in Eclipse to 21 so that I get all the new governor limits awesomeness.

It's just tedious to have to go into each metadata file and change it. Thats all. :)

You can do it in the Setup -> Develop -> Apex Classes -> Version if you want to and then resynch. Either one works.

I tend to try and do it in Eclipse since that is where I do most of my custom coding, so its easier for me.

All Answers

aKallNVaKallNV

Thanks. I have the same question and looking forward to an answer.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

No, there is no new Force.com IDE Plugin for Version 21.

We have been asking for it looks like we won't get one until the fall which should support summer 11 (version 22).

ColoradoMikeColoradoMike

Thanks for the clarification, Cory.

So now the question is:  how can I take advantage of Apex features that are only available in 21.0?  I see that I can change the API version on Develop | Apex Classes. Would you recommend setting the version there, then using Eclipse to pull down the changes?

Mike

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I change the version number in the metadata file in Eclipse to 21 so that I get all the new governor limits awesomeness.

It's just tedious to have to go into each metadata file and change it. Thats all. :)

You can do it in the Setup -> Develop -> Apex Classes -> Version if you want to and then resynch. Either one works.

I tend to try and do it in Eclipse since that is where I do most of my custom coding, so its easier for me.

This was selected as the best answer
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike

Super -- I can see the value for the API Version in the class's metadata file in Eclipse.

Thanks so much.

Mike