function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saas4usaas4u 

HTML Editor in VF page & Rich Text Area

Hi,

I want to use the HTML Editor that salesforce provides when we click on "send an email" button on account/contact/ Lead's  ActivityHistory related list and seecting the email format to "HTML", in my visualforce page...Can i use that in my vf page? if yes, what will be the data type for the variable that i will bind with this editor area?

Also I want to use a inputTextArea in my page with its "richText" attribute set to true..Below is the way i am using it

<apex:inputTextArea richText="true" value="{!InpValue}"/>

when i debug the value of Inpvalue in my class it comes as blank...any ideas how to use this? The datatype for InpValue is String..

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

saas4u

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I doubt you'll be able to use that editor - its a jsp page in an iframe so wouldn't be easy to hook into.

WRT using an apex:inputtextarea in richtext mode, this should work when backed by a string property.  An example of using this is below.

Page:

<apex:page controller="RichTextController">
 <apex:form >
   <apex:pageBlock >
      <apex:pageBlockSection title="Last entered">
         <apex:outputText value="{!body}" escape="false"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
      <apex:pageBlockSection title="Edit">
         <apex:inputtextarea richtext="true" value="{!body}"></apex:inputtextarea>
         <apex:commandButton value="Save"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
   </apex:pageBlock>
 </apex:form>

</apex:page>

Controller:

public with sharing class RichTextController {
	public String body {get; set;}
}

Thus I can enter the value, click save and it appears in the "Last entered" section, based on the value written to the controller property.