function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Force.comForce.com 

How to get security token for sandbox/production?

I need the security token of Sandbox and Production. But there is no option under setup configuration for regenerating it. 

My profile is System Admin but still I am facing this problem.

I also tried to regenerate the token by changing the password. But no mail is sent to the id associated with the user accessing the sandbox.

Please help.

Thanks

vhanson222vhanson222

1) Log in to the sandbox and verify that your email address is correct by going to Setup -> My Personal Information -> Personal Informatino and look at the 'Email' field and make sure it matches your email address.

2) assuming the email address is your valid address, you can click on 'Reset My Security Token' and it should send it to your email.

Force.comForce.com

I checked the email address, its the right address.

In setup, under personal information, there is no link which says 'regenerate security token'.

How should I proceed now? Is there any other way to generate it?

Thanks

vhanson222vhanson222

When was the last time you refreshed your sandbox?

VKZVKZ

I am facing the same issue, did you ever get a resolution to this problem ? My email address in sandbox is correct, ( its a sys admin profile) but there is no option to reset the security token. This happened after we refreshed the sandbox about a month back.

Force.comForce.com

Hi vkz,

I refreshed my sandbox again and then I got an email containing the security token. If you find any other solution to this problem, please it with us.

Thanks,

Pragati

craigmhcraigmh

Odd, that it wouldn't be visible. There isn't a setting that I know of that you can change for the System Administrator profile that would hide this link.

What I have found that works is to copy the URL from an instance where you can see the page, then change the server instance for your sandbox, and just paste that in the address bar of your browser.

Emil Mr No regression DoverlindEmil Mr No regression Doverlind
If you specified e.g. login IP ranges on your System Admin profile the option to reset security token will not be visible and you will not get an email with token either when refreshing your sandbox.
Sajid PeerjadeSajid Peerjade
Use-
https://(USE YOUR DOMAIN HERE)/_ui/system/security/ResetApiTokenConfirm?retURL=%2Fui%2Fsetup%2FSetup%3Fsetupid%3DPersonalInfo&setupid=ResetApiToken