function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
billgreenhawbillgreenhaw 

Unable to login to IDE

Trying to login through Force.com IDE.  Creating a new project yet I get invalid login no matter what I do.

Used security token and get "Unable to connect o hostname 'www.salesforce.com' with given login credentials'.

Didn't use security token and get the same.

But able to log into salesforce.com with the same username and password I am trying in the IDE.

I look at the login history and it says "Invalid Password" but again..using the same password in the IDE that I use to login.

I have tried my regular production account and my developer account.  Same thing.

Maybe something in my companies firewall is blocking a port?  Does the IDE use different ports than 80 and 443?  But if it was a Port issue why would the login history say "Invalid Password"?

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
billgreenhawbillgreenhaw

I believe salesforce.com had some type of issue with the login at the time I was doing it. As someone else also stated they logged out and back in. I did this after not trying for about 60 minutes and able to login.

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Not sure, but try refreshing your security token again and make sure you have "production" in the drop down where you are entering the credentials if you are working with developer edition.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

billgreenhawbillgreenhaw

Unfortunately that did not work.

apaiapai

I also faced the same issue earlier.. 

But when i restarted the IDE, it worked fine... strange issue...

billgreenhawbillgreenhaw

I believe salesforce.com had some type of issue with the login at the time I was doing it. As someone else also stated they logged out and back in. I did this after not trying for about 60 minutes and able to login.

This was selected as the best answer
dev.shiv1.3478599680068948E12dev.shiv1.3478599680068948E12

Hi,

The same problem I have faced earlier. its the problem with the security token only. The security token you are having was expired. Again you reset the security token and loginto eclipse with the new security token. It definitely works now.