function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lei.zhang@zuora.comlei.zhang@zuora.com 

Get the package version number through Web Service API?

Hi,I'd like to get the version number of a managed package, which installed in a salesforce org, from a Java application through Apex Web Service API, is there any workaround?

In more detail:
        1. Create a managed package.
        2. Use the Install URL to install this managed package to another dev org.
        3. Get the version number of the managed package, which installed in the dev org, from a Java application through Apex Web Service API.

I find in the force.com's schema, there is an object apexPackage, but the version number is the APIVersion of the salesforce, eg:19, 21...   but not the package's version number, like 1.2.4, 1.4.2 and so on.

I also have sent a email to the salesforce support, this is the response, but not what i want:

/*********************************
            I understand that you want to get the version number of a managed package installed in salesforce. I have located the following possible solution that may be able to guide you.

Click Your Name | Setup | Create | Packages and click the name of a package to view its details, including any added components, whether it is a managed package, if the package has been uploaded, and so on.
The detail page has the following sections:

* Package details
           * Package components
           * Remote access
           * Development organizations
           * Version history
       **********************************/

Thanks for any respone!