function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Relationship Hierarchy Problem

Hi,

I have created custom objects, JobTask, JobTaskRole

JobTask store the various tasks and JobTaskRole stores roles associated with the JobTask.

one JobTask can contain multiple Roles, therefore i have kept master-detail relationship between JobTask and JobTaskRole

JobTaskRole consist of following fields : JobTask__c(Relationship with master) and Role(TextField)

Now i want to assign this Job Task to multiple users base,
1) Is it possible to store multiple users in the same object itself (into the JobTaskRole)? If yes, then how to do it?
2) Do i required to create one more object that will store users for one particulare role?

I am looking for an efficient way to do this functionality.
Regards,

Devendra S

kritinkritin

If you are using standard user object, you can not achieve it because On user Object we can not create any Lookup Relationship so you need to creat a Custom Object for This that will be having Lookup Relationship with JobTask__c.

All the Best!!

:manvery-happy:

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi Kritin,

JobTask(Parent) has a relationship with JobTaskRole(Child) and i have created one more object as JobTaskRoleUser which has a relationship with the JobtaskRole(Child).

For one particualr role there can be multiple users avaiable. So when i want to assign users to Role, multiple JobTaskRoleUser records will be created. 

So as per your suggestion how can i make a relationship with of JobTaskRoleUser with the JobTask??

Regards,

Devendra S