function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SalesforceDF2011SalesforceDF2011 

Workflow Email Alert based on a criteria

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could share their experience in dealing with this kind of situtation and any work around that you might have implemented.

I am trying to trigger an email alert whenever a record with a specfic amount is either approved or rejected. I created a workflow with the specified entry criteria and added email alert as an action.

During testing,I found out that when the record is approved, it does not trigger the email alert even though it meets the rule criteria. The only way to make the workflow fire up is by doing an edit to the record.

How can i trigger an email alert when the record with a particular amount is submitted for approval and becomes approved or rejected.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

SrikanthKuruvaSrikanthKuruva

Are you using approval process for approving the records? if so then you can trigger the email from approval process itself.

In case you are not using approval process then how are you checking whether the record is approved or not?

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, we are using Approval process to update the fields and approve the records.By the issue, we are facing, is that we dont want an email alert to be sent for all records which are approved. We only want it sent our for records which are above a particular amount.

Thanks!

you can do this.

1) create custom checkbox field on the object on which you have done the approval process

2) in the final approval actions of the approval process create field update action to update the checkbox to true.

3) create workflow and check if the checkbox is true and if the amount is above the limit - if this condition satisfies send the email

Hi Srikanth,

I tried this but it doesnt seem to work, it seems there is no way to trigger a worflow based on the field update on an approval process.

sorry I missed on that. lets say your current approval process fires for those records which satisfy the entry criteria say amount > 100. But you want to send the email to users only when say amount > 200.

so modify the current approval process so that the entry criteria says amount > 100 and amount < 200

create a new approval process similar to the first one but with entry criteria as amount > 200. And for this approval process you can create an action which sends an email.

Please let me know if you have any problem with this solution.