function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
-incuGuS--incuGuS- 

Triggering an event on Email Open (EmailStatus record)

Hello Community,

When sending a HTML Email , Sfdc creates an EmailStatus record that holds when the user opened said email, how many times and other useful info.

What i need to do is trigger an event (in any way possible) when the user opens the email.

So far i know that EmailStatus is not queriable straightforward, must be queried through a Lead child relationship . But this is no good to trigger an event since i can't catch the update this way.

I've tried almost everything (i hope, since that leaves a tiny hope for a solution) to grab that update somehow programatically but with no success.

Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this?

AmitSahuAmitSahu

How are you quering this status ? 

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_emailstatus.htm

Are you using describeSObjects() API call ?

But there will be no event on this query I hope. Trigger can only be fired in case of an event.

You can try any field update bases on the query result.

I have not tried anything on this yet but...

Regards,

-incuGuS--incuGuS-

Currently im querying it through the child relationship within the Lead, but that's the main issue i can't fire a trigger based on that ( unless i cron that query and always look for changes.)

So im trying to find a way to do it better, without running a cron and checking all the time. a trigger on "real time" as the status is updated would be the best.

Let me know if you come up with any ideas