function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
justynjustyn 

Email automatically 60 days before a renewal date.

we are a membership based organisation and Iwould like renewal reminder emails to be automatically sent to members 60 days before their renewal becomes due. Every member will have a different renewal date. 

I haven't found a way to do it yet, and it would transform how we work if it were possible.

Thanks

Justyn

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Have You triued Workflow Rule , TimeBased Action , Email Alert

I think you can solve your issue by this.

1)Create a workflow

2)A time based Email Alert 

Let me know if any issue in it.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I think you can do this with workflows. Create a workflow which will always enter the criteria and create a time base workflow which will send an email 60 days before renewal due date.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Cross post.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

justynjustyn

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. I have look at this before. If I am correct it the workflow will only start with a trigger based upon when the record is created, or updated once or everytime ,etc..  (depending on the option selected). 

In this case when i create our member application, set it as passed and then save it, the trigger will start the workflow resulting in an email being set in the system for x days before the renewal date. This could be ok, but what would happen if the date where changed for some reason (ie extended). Upon saving I assume a new email will be scheduled for sending on the new date, but will the original email still be in the system?

My reason for asking is that the applications I mention have a 5 year renewal period and so the email will be scheduled for 5 years in the future! 

Maybe this is the only way of doing it, but I didn't know if there was more that could be done automatically with apex triggers.

Thanks in advance

Justyn