function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant 

Change Header color and background color??

When we use standard salesforce logo, the header color is blue.

But when we use custom logo for an app, the header color changes to white?

How can we control on this difference? I want to change the header color, as well as the background color of an app? how to do it??

Thanks and Regards,
Devendra S

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

That is not the header background color, that is the salesforce image itself. Salesforce image is covering the 100 % width of the header.

So if you want to get the background with color blue you need to make your image (with background blue) in such a way that it will cover the full width.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

That is not the header background color, that is the salesforce image itself. Salesforce image is covering the 100 % width of the header.

So if you want to get the background with color blue you need to make your image (with background blue) in such a way that it will cover the full width.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

This was selected as the best answer
Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant

The information about header is useful.

Added to that, I want to change the standard look and feel of the application. For. example change the background color, change header color etc.

How to do it??

Regards,

Devendra S

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

If you want the different backgrounds when you open any record then you can select the tab style on object. But you want to customly provide the background then am afraid we can not do this per my knowledge.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

michelle26michelle26

It is my understanding that we creating the custom app and we are prompted to upload an image there is a limitation of 300 x 50 pixels.  (I am not using Visual Force.)  Any suggestions?  Thanks for the help.

AqueumAqueum

The concept that the salesforce image covers 100% of the width of the header doesn't fit with what I am observing.  In my header I have "2013_spring_aloha.png" which is a 175 x 65 pixel PNG with the background matching the rounded corner blue header.

I too would like to be able to subtly change the header colour (and ideally also the lower background colour) as my company's logo colours clash a little with the salesforce background blue.

roni shoreroni shore
.This{
background-color = white;
height = 1000px;
}

SamHowleSamHowle
For anybody looking in 2022, add this block to your custom CSS and it should do the trick-

This would set the header background to white, but you could also switch out the RGB color for "transparent" to hide the overlay completely.
.siteforceServiceBody .cHeaderOverlay{ 
    background: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important; 
}

MrBrianMrBrian
Anyone else still having an issue with this? I just want my logo with a transparent background to display in the header and for the header background to be blue. Why does that seem to be so hard? Every other WYSIWYG I've used lets you set the background color of "sections" and/or the background color of components very easily.

FYI @samhowle, I tried that custom CSS and didn't have any luck, perhaps because the "CMS Single Item" covers that completely?

Thanks for any help.