function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sonali BhardwajSonali Bhardwaj 

Use DLL in Salesforce Apex

There is one system, which has exposed their API through DLL. I want to use that DLL in Salesforce.

For example, DLL have one class and has one function under it called login. I want to use this function in Salesforce Apex.

How can I achieve this? Is their any way I can convert DLL to WSDL and import into Salesforce, or any other way?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
_Prasu__Prasu_

You cannot use DLL directly with the Salesforce. And also there is  no way that dll is directly converted to WSDL. 

You will need to webservices which will use that DLL files. And from Apex you can call that webservice.

All Answers

_Prasu__Prasu_

You cannot use DLL directly with the Salesforce. And also there is  no way that dll is directly converted to WSDL. 

You will need to webservices which will use that DLL files. And from Apex you can call that webservice.

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks for your reply.

For you information, my DLL is also using web services, it code sends and receives http request and response. When I will create Webservices for my DLL, then I need to host my webservices on public IP. Right?
 So there would be two servers in picture (One which DLL using and second where my code is using DLL)? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please let me know if there is any other way of doing this.

Thanks,

Sonali

_Prasu__Prasu_

Indeed you will need to make those webservice on public IP.

In that case why you are not directly calling those webservice from Apex?  If you can call those webservice direclty from the Apex and manipulating callout the results as DLL is doing, I think that should work for you.

Yeah I know I should call those API direct in Apex, but we have their DLL only. No other information provided.For calling them direct in Apex either there should be API (WSDL) exposed that can be used directly in Salesforce or we should have information about their Rest API.

Unfortunately we don't have any kind of information.

Thanks,

Sonali