function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lindsay RoseLindsay Rose 

Force IDE Installation problems

Hello Folks,

I have been trying to install the Force.com IDE for over a month, and yet every time I run into trouble. Originally the issue was that once installed, when i tried to launch the app it would throw an error. This happened the first ten or so times I tried installing this tool. I gave up for a while, and yesterday a co worker of mine helped me install it, and it worked just fine. When I came in this morning however, I launched the program and I got the same error message. I would include it as an attachment but I do not see that as an option here. So, this has now happened to me on both of the machines I have to work on, and I cannot do the work I need to because the tool does not work on my machines. Today I reinstalled several times, and each time I had trouble downloading the software, and then even when the proxy was discovered automatically it could not connect. Finally I typed the proxy settings in, and it looked as if it was trying to connect, but could not actually download anything. It would get to the "preparing to download metadata..." part and go unresponsive. I am looking for some help getting this tool working, this is quite frustrating and I could definately use some guidance and assistance troubleshooting.

Thank You

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
VPrakashVPrakash

I prefer not to use Force.com ide at all. Instead use the eclipse and add force.com ide plug in to it. Here are the details how to install the eclipse and force.com ide plug in.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.6

Let me know if this solved your issue 

All Answers

VPrakashVPrakash

I prefer not to use Force.com ide at all. Instead use the eclipse and add force.com ide plug in to it. Here are the details how to install the eclipse and force.com ide plug in.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.6

Let me know if this solved your issue 

This was selected as the best answer
Lindsay RoseLindsay Rose

Thank you very much, apologies for my delayed response. This was the only method by which I was able to get the force ide installed and working. Thank you so much! Without your suggestion I would still be building everything using the built in SF developer tools.