function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NK123NK123 

SOAP WSDL: Service Call generates this error: No such column 'Jigsaw' on entity 'Account'.

I am getting this error after calling the Salesforce SOAP WSDL Based service:

No such column 'Jigsaw' on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

Looks like the WSDL schema provided the Account with Jigsaw fields like sample shown below, but when the service calls the salesforce this fields are not recognized, I tried to run the SOSQL generated by service directly within the salesforce SQL Tool and there also I get the same no such column 'Jigsaw' is message, Any ideas? Any setting needed to be set in salesforce to allow these fields to be accessible???:

<

complexTypename="Account">

<

complexContent>

<

extensionbase="ens:sObject">

<

sequence>

<

elementname="Jigsaw"nillable="true"minOccurs="0"type="xsd:string"/>

<

elementname="JigsawCompanyId"nillable="true"minOccurs="0"type="xsd:string"/>

sdetweilsdetweil

looks like u have the wrong Enterprise WSDL.

all custom fields are postfixed with '__c' in their names to inidcate custom.

the partner WSDL only has the basic services, and doesn't list any object types directly..

Sam

NK123NK123

Hi sdetweil,

I am talking about the my existing service which uses the earlier WSDL and its working fine. I tried to get the latest WSDL since I had some new fields added for some objects. I notice this problem with Account Object where "Jigsaw" fields are added by Salesforce, These are not mine, they are genereted from salesforce so whether its custom or system, its coming from Salesforce "Jigsaw" product as you might be aware of it.

So, at this moment, I am trying to find what is going wrong with the Salesforce Enterprise WSDL file generated file which have this fields "Jigsaw" and "

JigsawCompanyId" but the salesforce database account field list doesn't show it online. So, its probably the fields which need to be accessible to the salesforce instance of mine but its not currently whereas the SOAP could able to see this fields and added to the WSDL file.

~NK

sdetweilsdetweil

well, it may be that the use context (user logged on) who generated the WSDL had a different authority than the user your application signed on with.

the Enterprise WSDL only exposes fields exposed for that profile. (why many use the partner wsdl)

Sam

NK123NK123

As a administrator, I have generated the Enterprise WSDL, so all the fields should be accessible. Previous WSDL which I generated works fine and I don't see these new jigsaw fields.

The mentioned issue is only happening with the Winter12 release I think.

Do you see those two Jigsaw fields in your Account field List??? PLease check your salesforce instance.

~NK

sdetweilsdetweil

I see the same Jigsaw element.. not the JigsawCompanyID field tho

I am not admin on this instance

sam

NK123NK123

When you say Jigsaw element are you talking about the WSDL Account fields or you checked your Account object under Salesforce "Setup"-->"Customize"-->"Account" and you do see "Jigsaw" fields in that account fields list?

sdetweilsdetweil

sorry.. see it in the WSDL, not in the Account fields (via setup) or in the Account fields thru eclipse

Sam

SuperfellSuperfell

I think the jigsaw fields got renamed in winter 12, they're now dataId or something like that (now that jigsaw is data.com)

NK123NK123

Hi SimonF,

So, what is the solution from Salesforce. Remember, I am generating the Enterprise WSDL from my sandbox and the generated file have the "Jigsaw" fields as part of the schema elements. So, I am looking for a solution where I should not be getting this issue from Salesforce???

Do you or anyone else have any idea or Salesforce not going to respond to this Post.

~NK

NK123NK123

Any update on this issue???

SuperfellSuperfell

make sure your API calls are using the same version of the WSDL, and that its not getting reset to some earlier versions (perhaps from a string that represents the login url).

Are you sure you're quering the org that you downloaded the WSDL from?

Finally, as a reminder, this is a peer support group, if you want an offical salesforce response, you need to log a case with support.

NK123NK123

Hi Simon,

Thanks for you reply.

I am getting the Enterprise WSDL from the Salesforce website (https://tapp0.salesforce.com/soap/wsdl.jsp) from my sandbox instance.

After the WSDL is generated, I can see the "Jigsaw" fields in the scheme.

If you try to get the Enterprise WSDL in your org, you will notice these fields as well. Another person in this post thread confirmed that they are seeing one of this jigsaw field as well.

My question was why these fields are included in the WSDL file, where as these fields as per your comments are renamed to "DataId". In any case, this problem should be corrected, as WSDL won't work due to these un-recognized fields.

If you want, you can try generating the WSDL at your end and you can see the issue.

~NK

SuperfellSuperfell

Sorry, mislead you on the rename, its planned, but not live yet.

I see the fields in my WSDL, and in describeSObject and can run queries that include them fine. Again i would check the API version that you're making your API calls with, if its not a fairly recent version, then trying to reference these fields will generate an error.

NK123NK123

Thanks for clarification on renaming stuff...

In your case you said its working fine with the Jigsaw fields in the account object. I am not even going into the SOAP service calls, I just tried to run the SQL statement like these in SQL tool and I am getting error on those jigsaw fields as unrecognized fields:

Select a.Jigsaw,a.JigsawCompanyId From Account a

Are you able to run this sql statement?

~NK

SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, i was able to run it fine with API v23 from SoqlXplorer. Which API version does your tool use?

NK123NK123

Currently, I am using:

Force.com IDE

Version: Winter '11 (20.0.1)

~NK

SuperfellSuperfell

Those fields are not avaiable in API v20, they were added in a later version (v22 i think)

NK123NK123

I am fine with the version I am using, but I wanted to generate the WSDL with my updates(new fields) to some of my objects and I ended up gettting the new jigsaw fields in account object and as you said they were only added after v22 oe v23, so In my case I still need to remain with my version and get the updates to the tables of mine.

How do I generate the WSDL for previous API versions??? I didn't see any options in the API-->WSDL area for this.

~NK

SuperfellSuperfell

Sorry, you can't get  a WSDL for an old API version.