function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sroberts_MEsroberts_ME 

Can't deploy and therefore can't delete

Hi all,

We have had an apex class in place for some time now that queries a significant number of accounts at one point. 13,000 prospect accounts have been added to our org and as a result we receive a heap size error every time we try to run the code and when deploying due to the test case related to the class. I have deleted the class and the apex page in our sandbox org, but I am wondering how I push these changes over to production using change sets when the apex test fails every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sam

spraetzspraetz

What error message are the tests failing with?

Simply deleting a clss that was being referenced by other classes will cause compilation errors and you then won't be able to deploy.

sroberts_MEsroberts_ME

AS previously stated, it is a heap size error. I know that there are no other pages or classes that with dependencies on this class and I would simply like to know how to push the delete over to production.

Sam27Sam27

I didnt really understood that..................did you really need to delete your class and page from the sandbox??

you could have used a 'limit' in the query and then you might have overwrite in the production.......correct me if I am wrong...