function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shruthikashruthika 

URGENT: Workflow Evaluation Criteria

Hi all,

I have applied this Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

could anyone please explain me this. Does this Evaluation Criteria applies even for Exiting records which were created before wrting the workflow having Evaluation Criteria:

When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

Ex: I have some records where Record type is corporate procurement and next  I created a workflow to alert an Email when Record type is corporate procurement by keeping the Evaluation Criteria as When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

so does this send an Email Alert to all the Users records ie.,  The Existing records when once the workflow is made active or only sent to those User Records which are created after Workflow created and enabled as Active.

Please give me your suggestions as soon as possible its really urgent.

Thanks in Advance,

Shruthika.

MandyKoolMandyKool

Hi,

The workflow will fire for the new records (which match the evaluation criteria) when you create them and not for the existing ones.

Starz26Starz26

Also,

Any previously existing records prior to the workflow rule being activated will NOT trigger the rule. Only new records or records crerated after the workflow creation date that did not previously meet criteria will trigger the rule.

shruthikashruthika

Hi all,

Thank you so much for providing the clarification. So is there any way to alert an email for all the existing records. If yes please provide me the solution as soon as possible.

Thanks inAdvance,

Shruthika

Sandeep001Sandeep001

You need to change the rule criteria to  - Every time a record is created or edited and try updating all the records once.

Because as per the criteria you have mentioned, the WF rule will never get trigger irrespective of how many times you update the record.

For example your WF rule criteria to run is when Lead Source is email & your existing records already have lead source as email, this rule will never run. Only once value of lead source will change from Email to something else, and then back to Email, your criteria will be passed through.

So change the criteria once and then set it back to what you want.

shruthikashruthika

Hi,

I have tried doing all possible ways. Can i send Email Alert to records which were Created before Workflow Created. Scheduled jobs or any Bulk upadates do help me in this process of alerting the email to old records.

If anyone among this i can do then please provide me the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Shrithika