function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SpothSpoth 

Urgent - Field mapping in Integration

We have Integrated Salesforce with .Net App. Its like, Sending the data from Salesforce to .Net.

When the field mapping is done, It should be in the Salesforce User hands that, whether the data should sent from Salesforce to .Net or not Eg :(creating a button "Send Data")

Now, These fields are on differnt objects. How can this be done?

a)Could i create a Apex code which captures all these data and sends to the .NET app? I dint consume their Web Services yet. Do i have to?

b) Is there any other way? By creating a Checkbox or a Picklist value? So that the data from those fields and that particular record will appear in the .Net app.?

Please giv me the Best Possible Suggest. Could be a good option if there wouldnt be any coding involved from the Salesforce side. Because our Developer is on Contract till next week,

Thank you.

EalesieEalesie

Hi Spoth

Are the fields you want to send all on related objects - if so you should be able to create an outbound message workflow and utilise formula fields to pull the related data through to the updated record.

A check-box could then be used to identify the record for sending (dont forget to reset after send)