function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LogeshLogesh 

Attempt to de-reference a null object occurs without the error line in apex class

Hi All,

I'd  trigger & custom controller which creates a custom object record and sets the logic respectively. 

Custom record will be automatically created when an Event is created with following condition

Status - 'Not Started' and for a particular record type. When Event is updated with Status - 'Completed'. Some fields become editable in custom record.

Now the problem is, when user tries to save the custom record "Attempt to de-reference a null object" error occurs without apex class line number. With the additional message "Your development organization has been notified". As the error happens only for a particular user in a Production environment. I didnt get the mail about the error from the concerned person.

While the custom record is generated, it carries some referenced field information such as Account & contact & it is not editable. Since I've a insert operation in try block, deletion of such referenced records wont throw error in the UI.

Is there anyway to point the issue, please help me!!

Thanks,

Logesh

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Have you turned on debug logging for that user and got them to reproduce the error - that should give you the line number in the log file.