function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TuxTux 

Getting error: Expected Map, found VisualforceMap

Hello,

I am making a custom component. One of the attributes that I pass to this custom component is a map and use it inside repeat tags. However, I get an error such as this:

Error: Wrong type for attribute <c:testsubpageblock amap="{!amap}">. Expected Map, found VisualforceMap	

I read the Component Reference and it says that only one dimensional data structures are supported. May I know why there is such a restriction? Also, is there any workaround? Googling doesnt help a lot. It seems components arent much written about in tutorials and what not.

Thanks.

aballardaballard

It appears there is currently a bug in the support of maps as attributes of components.  You might be able to work around it by wrapping your map in an Apex object....

TuxTux

So do I need to file a bug report somewhere? If yes, where? Do the SF devs lurk in these threads and notice these bugs? 

Thanks.

aballardaballard

Yes, the SF devs are aware of what is reported here :-).   But it is always a good idea to open a support case when you encounter a bug.    Bugs with customer cases are likely to get fixed faster than ones that are internally reported.   (In this case, if you do open a support case, tell support to attach it to W-966249 )