function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bperry8086bperry8086 

What to do when Eclipse project does not update?

I added a new trigger (via the browser)  in my sandbox and now I can't figure out how to get that trigger to show up in the Eclipse project.  I've tried  "Force.com | refresh from server" for all the triggers which doesn't help.  I'm using Eclipse 3.6 in case that matters.

Should I try something like "Force.com | Synchronize with server"?  I started looking at this, but there's  whole new perspective involved and I'm not really sure which option to use there.

Should I try creating a new trigger in my project with the same name as the one in the sandbox?

Should I just create a whole new project?

Any ideas would be welcome.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've experienced something along these lines before.  

Right click on the project name, choose Add/Remove Metadata Components from the popup menu and click the Add/Remove button at the top right of the resulting dialog.  This will show you what you are subscribed to.  Do you have a tick in the box for Triggers with an associated subscription text of 'Subscribed to new Apex Triggers'.  If not, that means you've only subscribed to a subset of files. Ticking the box should allow you to pull down the latest and receive new triggers.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've experienced something along these lines before.  

Right click on the project name, choose Add/Remove Metadata Components from the popup menu and click the Add/Remove button at the top right of the resulting dialog.  This will show you what you are subscribed to.  Do you have a tick in the box for Triggers with an associated subscription text of 'Subscribed to new Apex Triggers'.  If not, that means you've only subscribed to a subset of files. Ticking the box should allow you to pull down the latest and receive new triggers.

This was selected as the best answer
bperry8086bperry8086

Thanks!  That fixed the problem.  Classes was the only item checked.  I checked triggers and now my new trigger is in the project

I'm still a bit confused.  The project had triggers (and other objects besides classes) in it previously.  Is this the default behavior of projects to keep only classes up to date or did I somehow manage to turn the others off?  Seems to me like keeping most items up to date would be a desirable default.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've never quite figured out exactly how this happens TBH.  I'm convinced I've had projects that were subscribed to new classes suddenly lose that capability.  It doesn't happen often enough to make me look into it in more detail.