function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jalbanojalbano 

Problem deploying with apex class

I've been working in a development edition environment and have built something that uses an apex page and an apex class. I'm now trying to deploy this to our company's salesforce account so they can test it out. We have an enterprise account, I believe. When I use "Deploy To Server" from ForceIDE, I enter the username, password and security token of a sys admin on the company account. In the screen where it shows me what it will deploy, the apex class is not checked and when I click on it, it says "Component Type not permissible in destination organization".

This is my first attempt at salesforce development and am stuck. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Just to be clear, my code is at 92% test coverage -- so that is not the problem.

Thanks

John

colemabcolemab

What version are you deploying to?  (i.e. free, enterpise, etc etc) Does it allow this item?

Also, Make sure you have the "Author Apex" permission checked in your profile.

jalbanojalbano

I've been told it is an enterprise edition. I have the "Apex Author" box checked on my profile in the Developer edition. I went to do the same for the account that I'm trying to deploy to in the enterprise version but that doesn't have the "Profiles" section where you do that.

colemabcolemab

Here is the info about salesforce editions:

http://www.sfdcstatic.com/assets/pdf/datasheets/DS_SalesCloud_EdCompare.pdf

You don't have profiles or pagelayouts (unless you pay) in professional edition.  So I am not sure how you get "author apex" in professional but I think the lack of that permission is your problem.  I recommend doing some reasearch and see if this is on by default in pro or if it is simply enabled in a different location.

jalbanojalbano

It's not professional version -- I'm working in development edition -- as mentioned here http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/About. I have the checkbox and it is checked. The problem appears to be on the side of the environment I'm trying to deploy into -- which is enterprise.

Thanks

John

colemabcolemab

The destination system is the issue.  When logged into that system, does your address bar say you have enterpise edition?  SFDC always shows the edition at the end of the address bar.

If so, then you should have the profiles section as long as you have permission to get to that section.  If you don't, contact your sysad and get them to give you author apex.  If you do, grant it to your self.

jalbanojalbano

Thanks for the responses thus far. When logged in to the non-developer environment, the address bar says: https://na5.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp

colemabcolemab

Opps, I mean Title bar, not address bar.  In the title bar you should see "<some info> - salesforce.com - <edition name> edition"

jalbanojalbano

Ugh. It says Professional Edition. Looks like I got some bum information. Thanks so much -- at least I know what's going on now.

NikuNiku

will you please give the Screen shot of you Profile Setting??? 

jalbano wrote:

I've been working in a development edition environment and have built something that uses an apex page and an apex class. I'm now trying to deploy this to our company's salesforce account so they can test it out. We have an enterprise account, I believe. When I use "Deploy To Server" from ForceIDE, I enter the username, password and security token of a sys admin on the company account. In the screen where it shows me what it will deploy, the apex class is not checked and when I click on it, it says "Component Type not permissible in destination organization".

This is my first attempt at salesforce development and am stuck. Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Just to be clear, my code is at 92% test coverage -- so that is not the problem.

Thanks

John

jalbano wrote:

Thanks

John

colemabcolemab

I don't have a server to host the image on but the setting is called "Author Apex" and can be found in the "Administrative Permissions" portion of the profile.   This setting is in the left hand column 3rd row under the administrative permissions.