function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jwalshjwalsh 

Edit Scheduled Apex schedule setup

Hey all,

On the "Schedule Apex" page (/setup/Monitoring/Scheduled Jobs) there's a "Manage" button next to each job I have set up.  I initially set up a job to expire on the 1st of Nov and now I want to edit the "End" to push it out a few months into the future. The page you get when you hit "Manage" alows you to edit the different fields (start, end, days of the week, time of day) but there's no save button; only Cancel and Delete.  Hitting the enter key on a field to submit the form doesn't doesn't save my changes.  I know I can delete this one and enter another one on the same code, but it seems like the save button was just forgotten on this page.  Any thoughts?

IspitaIspita

Hi jwalsh,

It seems the once a "Scheduled job" has attained its end date salesforce doesnot provide the facility of extending it into future.

The best way ahead would be to let it remain and schedule a new one. In case you wish to remove clutter you even can delete the existing one.

So as you mention in your post you yourself have figured it out and yes once a scheduled job expires you cannot edit the end date.

Hope this helps.

jwalshjwalsh

Hey Ispita, doesn't seem to have anything to do with it being expired; tested just now on the new job I set up.  End time was 31 Dec 2050 (hopefully I won't be worrying about this in 2050), edit it to 2051 and hit enter to submit the form, go back to the manage page and its still 2050.  Not really a big blocker or anything, I just find it a really odd for a page to have editable fields and no save action.