function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mgiakkmgiakk 

Create an app for both multi and single currency organizations

Hello,

As stated in the title, what I want is to create an application and using the UserInfo.isMultiCurrencyOrganization (or sth similar) to be able to distinguish between a single and a multi currency organization. Although this should have been working I guess, it does not let me install my application in an account where mutli currency is not enabled (since I have some SOQL query with CurrencyIsoCode in my code). So my question is "Can I have a single application that will be able to be installed in both versions? Or do I need 2 different version of my application?"

Thank you,

Mike.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jimmy ArmstrongJimmy Armstrong

(since I have some SOQL query with CurrencyIsoCode in my code).

What if you change the SOQL query to be dynamic? The SF compiler won't catch that

All Answers

UVUV

I am not sure about but what if organization decide to enable multicurrency after installing your first version where you are dealing with Single currency..I think you should develop a single application to deal with both.Correct me if I am wrong.

mgiakkmgiakk

Hi Umesh,

I completely agree with you. However I do not know if it is fissible. Since it does not let me install the application dealing with multicurrency if multicurrency is not enabled.

Best,

Mike.

UVUV

Hi Mike,

I think logically this should be feasible.However,I would encourage you to log a case with salesforce as post their response on this post also for the other's benefit.

Jimmy ArmstrongJimmy Armstrong

(since I have some SOQL query with CurrencyIsoCode in my code).

What if you change the SOQL query to be dynamic? The SF compiler won't catch that

This was selected as the best answer
mgiakmgiak

Exactly.. That was the answer. ThanksJimmy.