function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prazonprazon 

Accessing object from mail without login

Hi,

I want to expose some fields of an object over email with an embedded page/page layout where I want customer to give their feedback and save those data without logging in the main system.

If its possible can anybody explain please.

Regards

Prazon

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi,

You can use site for that purpose, just create site and crate a VF page add this page in site. when will send the email to user, just need to include th url of this site page. When user will open the mail and click on the link it will just open the site page where you can capture user's feedback.

prazonprazon

How can I relate and save those feed back in SFDC objects? like Account, or any custom object?

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi,

You just need to create a visualforce page with custom controller class, design your page as your requirements (wat information you want to capture from clients) and write the logic in associated controller class. Now add this page to your site, since site is publicaly accessable so no need to login.

and send mail included this site url and when client  will open the mail and clik the url, visualforce page that you created will open then client enter the data and then submit and data will store to salesforce objects(as you wrote the code for that in controller class).

DeepeshDeepesh

You can also create an email service and have an apex class behind it.

When user replies to your email, you can parse the body in your apex class and store it whereever you want.

I would prefer this rather than going through Sites route. Less effort and easier for user too.

prazonprazon

Basically, I want to create a feedback form against a case raised. I have created a custom object which has master-detail relationship with the Case and want to save that feed back against that particular Case record.

Please help me here.

Regards

Prazon