function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaxdmasterjaxdmaster 

Different max limit of Heap sizes in different orgs

Hi Guys,

I'm facing a wierd problem. I've a code which shows 6MB(max limit) of heap size in debug logs and when I moved same code to another org it shows 3MB. I don't know why this is happening. Both the orgs are partner developer org. Does anybody has idea about this?

Thanks

MattLacey.ax1065MattLacey.ax1065

Check to see what API version the files are using in each of the orgs. Depending on how you moved the code (i.e. deployed or re-created with a copy and paste) you could potentially be using different versions — and I suspect that if you are you may be subject to different governor limits.

jaxdmasterjaxdmaster

Yes, You are right. Before moving it was version 20 and after moving it new org file version automatically converted to version 22. I also tried changing that again to version 20. But that also doesn't seem to work. Your any kind of help will highly appreciated.

MattLacey.ax1065MattLacey.ax1065

Maybe the heap size for newer orgs is less regardless? Though I would have expected newer versions to have a larger heap, but the current docs do say 3MB. What's your code doing, is there any way you can reduce the memory overhead?