function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bozotheclownbozotheclown 

Delete Controller from Production Version???

Hello.  I have been doing the initial development of an app in my sandbox for several weeks...so I have essentially disregarded what has been in my production version because no one is using it yet.

Well, I am about do upload my app - and have run into an issue.  I noticed that I have a "Test Controller A" in my production org.  I had uploaded this to the production version a while back just to test the upload process...so it serves absolutely no purpose. 

My problem is that I am trying to figure out how to delete this controller.  There is no "delete" link in the production version for this controller.  What is more concerning is that I deleted this controller from my sandbox several weeks ago...so I am not sure how to get rid of it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
craigmhcraigmh

Yeah, you're pretty much stuck until SFDC improves their IDE, or you decide to use the Eclipse IDE.

All Answers

dmchengdmcheng

If you delete an item from the sandbox and then deploy that item's folder or the src folder, it will appear in the Deployment Step 3 list as a red Delete candidate.

bozotheclownbozotheclown

Thanks for the reply...but unfortunately, I am not using Eclipse/the IDE.  Is there any way to do it straight from the force.com UI?

craigmhcraigmh

With the limited IDE, the only thing you can really do is make it an empty class in your Sandbox instance, and upload that to Production.

bozotheclownbozotheclown
Thanks...but one clarification.

So would your recommendation allow me to dete the unwanted controller altogether at some later point. Or, am I just stuck with having this empty class forever?

Thanks again.
craigmhcraigmh

Yeah, you're pretty much stuck until SFDC improves their IDE, or you decide to use the Eclipse IDE.

This was selected as the best answer
bozotheclownbozotheclown
Got it. Thanks for the help.