function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anurajanuraj 

Passing Parameters to Apex Method from Visualforce Page

Hi 

I am trying to Pass parameter to Apex method from VF page. But i am not able to get the parameter value.

My code

<td ><apex:outputText value="{!slot.tstart1}"/></td> 
<td width="15%" hight="5%"><apex:commandButton value="Book Appointment" action="{!callAppointment}" id="buttonid">
<apex:param name="tstart" value="{!slot.tstart1}" />
</apex:commandButton> </td>

public PageReference callAppointment() 
    {

PageReference redirect = new PageReference ('/apex/appointment');
       // redirect.getParameters().put('time', liTimeSlots);
       // string myParam = apexpages.currentpage().getparameters().get('tstart');
        system.debug('++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ apexpages.currentpage() '+ apexpages.currentpage().getparameters().get('tstart1') );
        redirect.getRedirect();
        return redirect;
    }

debug log 

04:42:39.064 (64864000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[682]|System.PageReference.getParameters()
04:42:39.064 (64887000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[682]|MAP.get(ANY)
04:42:39.064 (64902000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[682]|MAP.get(ANY)
04:42:39.064 (64927000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[682]|System.debug(ANY)
04:42:39.064 (64936000)|USER_DEBUG|[682]|DEBUG|++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ apexpages.currentpage() null
04:42:39.064 (64943000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[682]|System.debug(ANY)
04:42:39.064 (64956000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY|[683]|System.PageReference.getRedirect()
04:42:39.065 (65014000)|SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|[683]|System.PageReference.getRedirect()
04:42:39.065 (65045000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|AppointmentController invoke(callAppointment)
04:42:39.065 (65090000)|VF_APEX_CALL|buttonid|{!callAppointment}|PageReference:/apex/appointment

Please help me to find the solution for this 

Thanks

Anuraj

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Use the reRender=”pageid” attribute  in <apex:commandButton > and also use 'tstart' instead of 'tstart1' in
system.debug('++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ apexpages.currentpage() '+ apexpages.currentpage().getparameters().get('tstart') );

All Answers

Hi,

You need to assign the value in <apex:param name="tstart" value="{!slot.tstart1}"  />  to your apex controller property. There is a attribute assignTo of the <apex:param > apex component.

Use the below code snippet as reference

<apex:param name="tstart" value="{!slot.tstart1}" assignTo=”{!sloatstart1value}”/>

Create the protperty in your apex contollrer with

Public string sloatstart1value{get;set;}

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

anurajanuraj

Thanks Navatar for your reply. 

The solution you gave me, I have tried it before but the result is same NULL.

Do you have any other idea.

Hi,

Use the reRender=”pageid” attribute  in <apex:commandButton > and also use 'tstart' instead of 'tstart1' in
system.debug('++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ apexpages.currentpage() '+ apexpages.currentpage().getparameters().get('tstart') );

This was selected as the best answer
anurajanuraj

Thanks for your reply it is working.

But When I used reRender in the button the button is not working. I have set button action to pass to appointment page but button is not get redirected.

Can you help me to solve this problem why I am not able to get the appointment page.

SayasoniSayasoni

Add this after your commandButton <apex:pageBlock id="pageid" rendered="false"></apex:pageBlock> where pagBlock id is the reRender="pageid" value of your command button.