function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NarcissuNarcissu 

Classes from third party fail most test methods

Hi,

I just added a new application from a third party into Salesforce last week. However, I tried to deploy a new trigger today but my code coverage dropped to 43%. So I ran all tests and found most of the codes from this third party failed the test methods.

Is there anyone who encountered this problem before? Is it possible that I installed the application incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Starz26Starz26

Again, Managed packages do not count toward your org code coverage. They have their own code coverage totals.

If your code coverage has dropped it is due to something else.

The writing of your own test code is for unmanaged apps only....

All Answers

Starz26Starz26

I ran across this with ActionPlans unmanaged v3....

The only way around it is to write your own tests for the unmanaged package to get it above 75% or uninstall it.

Managed packages do not count toward your org test coverage so if there is a managed version, go that route.

NarcissuNarcissu

I didn't get the point here..

Do you mean if the application is managed version, I need to write the test myself?

I just checked and the package type is managed, if so, that would be a disaster to write the test because there are so many classes...

Starz26Starz26

Again, Managed packages do not count toward your org code coverage. They have their own code coverage totals.

If your code coverage has dropped it is due to something else.

The writing of your own test code is for unmanaged apps only....

This was selected as the best answer
NarcissuNarcissu

OK, I see, thanks.