function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dradtkedradtke 

'Update' doesn't appear to be working. =/

I'm building an app that utilizes Jigsaw through a web service, but I'm having trouble getting 'update' to work as expected.

The idea is that a company is represented as an Account object with an optional jigsaw id field. When an Account object is requested, the app checks to see if that field is set; if not, it makes a query against Jigsaw and, if only one value is returned, will update the object with that value. There are several other objects involved, so I've created a new Apex class to tie everything together.

The apex class contains a field 'privAccount', which is the privately-stored local reference to its corresponding Account object. For getting and setting its jigsaw id, I have some code like this:

public String jigsawId {
		get {
			return (this.privAccount == null ? '' : this.privAccount.jigsaw_clean__Jigsaw_Id__c);
		}
		set {
			if (this.privAccount == null)
				return;

this.privAccount.jigsaw_clean__Jigsaw_Id__c = value;
			Database.SaveResult result = Database.update(this.privAccount);
			if (!result.isSuccess())
				System.debug('update failed for account: ' + this.privAccount.Id);
		}
	}

I've scattered debug statements throughout the code, and the result of the update call claims that it was successful, but when I run a query against the updated Account object, its jigsaw id field remains null.

Any ideas why this is happening?