function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pjcocopjcoco 

New Force.com Project in Force.com IDE doesn't work for a particular org.

Dear developers,

I have this particular Salesforce Org, which, for some reason, causes my Force.com IDE to throw an exception when trying to make a new Force.com Project. And it's only on this org. I have over 20 orgs which i'm working for and none of them has any problems. I tried different things (reinstall orgs, reinstall jre/jdk, different jre/jdk versions, change lines in .ini) nothing works.

What I do is:

1. New -> Force.com Project
  2. Fill in project details & credentials
  3. Click Next
  4. Then I have to choose project contents (I tried different things here aswel)
  5. Finish

Then it starts fetching components, and about halfway, I get this error.

Unable to fetch and save Force.com components to project:

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: java.lang.NullPointerException

Abort or Continue Force.com project creation?

Anyone has an idea on how to fix this.

Regards

Alex.AcostaAlex.Acosta

I had this issue in the past before. Though for Eclipse I just needed up upgrading to a newer version of if IDE and reinstalled the Force.com IDE Plugin. Try this if you don't have the latest version of Eclipse.

pjcocopjcoco

I found what the problem was,

For some reason there is a corrupt Visualforce page on a particular Dev enviroment which I do not have access to (I get the Permission Denied message when trying to open in the browser) this seems wierd because I am a System Administrator on the Org.

When I select project components in Eclipse en deselect that particular VF page, I can import the project just fine.

For anyone having the same problem, try opening your VF pages in your browser and see if they all open or not.

Greetings